Wilberforce Anglican Parish is committed to respecting your privacy. We will seek to deal carefully with any personal information we collect and retain in the manner set out in this policy.
Collection of Information
We collect and retain information needed for the ministry and related activities of Wilberforce Anglican Parish. We may ask for general information about you such as your name, address and other details so that we can contact you, provide services to you or for the purpose of your participation in church activities. The information collected, or that you share with us, may include some sensitive information such as health information, your religious beliefs and so forth. Where practicable, the reason for collecting personal information will be made clear at the time of collection. You are not required to give us any personal information. However, if you do not provide us with certain information you may not be able to access some services.
Use and Disclosure of Information
Generally, we will only use and disclose your personal information as follows:
- to maintain a record of your involvement and attendance,
- to facilitate your participation in the activities of the Church,
- to care for you pastorally,
- to answer your questions,
- to keep you informed of news about the Church and new developments we believe to be of interest to you,
- to publish a directory of Church members to those participating, and
- to comply with regulatory or legal requirements (eg Working With Children legislation).
We use information only for the purposes we have disclosed at the time of collection. Unless authorised or required by law, we will not use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose without first seeking your consent.
All data is password protected. We use a sophisticated management software program called ‘Elvanto’.
Access & Correction
We will provide you with access to your personal information on request and take reasonable steps to correct information which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. You can request to have your personal details deleted from our data system.
Questions or Complaints
Ralph Bennett, Kevin King, Graham Thomas
27 June 2023